Service available at our San Diego, CA Location
There are a lot of effective ways to keep the skin looking young and rejuvenated, including MicroPen. Many patients who wish to restore their youthful glow can get this procedure only from the best dermatology practice in San Diego.
What is Automated Micro-Needling?
Automated micro-needling is one of the most popular dermal procedures in San Diego today. Also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), the procedure utilizes a new innovation in the field of cosmetic medicine for the correction of acne scars, fine lines, and wrinkles on the face. Generally, it is used to improve the skin’s overall appearance by getting rid of facial blemishes.
Eclipse MicroPen™ is good for
- Wrinkle reduction
- Acne scars
- Traumatic scars
- Stretch marks
- Tone improvement
Eclipse MicroPen™ Treatment Benefits
- Minimal downtime
- Safest device available
- Visible results within several weeks
- Improvement up to 6months after
What is the Eclipse MicroPen™?
The Eclipse MicroPen is an innovative dermal micro-needling device that is commonly used by skincare professionals and clinics all over the globe. With its cordless feature, this technology has several advantages over the previous technologies of its kind. Particularly, Nowak Aesthetics chooses MicroPen over other similar treatments because:
- MicroPen is safe. In fact, it is safer than other dermal rollers of the sort. The device makes use of sterile, single-use, disposable needle tips that are surgical grade to maintain high levels of patient safety. More of its unique features include the Turbo Safety Needle that ensures its efficiency as well as superior clinical results. All of these benefits can be enjoyed while maintaining the safety of both patient and provider. Furthermore, almost everyone can avail of this procedure as it is safe for all types of skin.
- MicroPen is faster. Its patented high-speed motor allows quick penetration to the treated area through the use of needles. Most patients report a feeling of sandpaper rubbed against the skin and not anything more uncomfortable than that.
- MicroPen can be customized. Every patient has specific needs and a different skin type. The device is flexible enough in a way that the depth of the needle can be adjusted to suit the needs of the patient.
- MicroPen offers consistent results. With the device’s control and safety features, the result of this technology is predictable and consistent. Unlike lasers and other dermal rollers, MicroPen offers predictable healing for every patient.
How does MicroPen work?
The automated micro-needling procedure involves the use of tiny needles that work by creating microscopic wounds or injuries to the skin. This act triggers collagen and elastin production in the skin, two natural substances that keep the skin’s youthful volume, tone, and appearance.
- First, a topical gel, usually a hyaluronic acid peptide gel, is applied to cleanse the skin of the treated area. The gel is able to soothe the area to help the MicroPen tip glide easily across the skin and deliver Hyaluronic Acid (HA) effectively. HA is a substance that promotes the creation of new, healthy skin in the body. Other products may also be topically applied to suit your needs, which include:
- Vitamin C
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Retinol Serum
- Kojic Acid
- Reluma Anti-Aging Serum
- Reluma Eye Serum
- Replenix CF Serum (Hyaluronic Acid, Caffeine USP, Green Tea Polyphenols)
- Revitalizing Eye Serum (CoQ-10 and Hyaluronic Acid)
- Replenix Intensive Eye Lightening Serum
- Dr. Nowak will choose the right needle depth for your condition, as well as the number of passes it will take to address your specific needs. The Eclipse MicroPen tip works by creating hundreds of micro-holes or channels onto the skin per second. This method stimulates the skin to heal by itself and produce new skin cells to replace damaged ones.
- As the Eclipse MicroPen™ tip is applied to the skin hundreds of micro-channels or holes are created every second. These tiny micro-channels stimulate your skins natural ability to heal itself.
- The repair process that is triggered happens almost immediately as fibroblasts, or the cells that synthesize newly-produced collagen, become active until about six months from the initial treatment. The new elastin and collagen produced result to firmer, softer skin, reducing the appearance of acne scars, wrinkles, and other textural skin problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does MicroPen differ from dermal needling rollers?
MicroPen has needle tips that are adjustable to customize the depth of penetration according to the patient’s skin type and condition. Specifically, the MicroPen device is used to correct crow’s feet and other skin aging problems in the lower eyelids, forehead, cheeks, neck, upper lip, and decolletage with the use of 1 needle tip instead of several needle rollers. Micro-needling rollers, on the other hand, have a fixed depth and should be disposed after a single treatment.
How different is MicroPen from traditional laser treatments?
Laser therapy makes use of focused light to break up certain skin pigments and to vaporize the skin. Although it can treat various skin conditions, it often leads to complications, especially when treating patients with darker skin complexion. On the other hand, Eclipse MicroPen does not use heat in breaking down skin pigments and does the process mechanically instead. It is able to remodel collagen without using heat to make the procedure safer and more comfortable for patients. Many of our patients in San Diego prefer the Eclipse MicroPen since it comes with less downtime that takes as little as 24 hours.
What are the results of the MicroPen procedure?
The results of this skin repair procedure are a much thicker dermis and significantly improved wrinkles and facial lines. The micro needles are also responsible for creating superficial micro-channels that make it easier for the active ingredients from topical creams, gels, and serums to be absorbed by the skin.
When will the results show?
Results can be noticed several days to weeks after treatment. These results continuously improve up to six months from the day of the procedure as collagen production is still in progress.
What can you expect during the MicroPen procedure?
A single sterile needle tip with 12 micro-needles is attached to the Eclipse MicroPen. Our skincare professional here at Nowak Aesthetics will apply topical gel to the treatment area and choose the appropriate depth of treatment based on your individual needs. The pen is then gently pressed against your skin using a gliding motion in a single direction until the entire area has been treated. The procedure usually takes about 15 to 30 minutes depending on the extent of the treatment area.
How many treatment sessions will you need?
Our skincare experts may recommend a single treatment that is done once a year to achieve maximum results from MicroPen. However, most patients require a series of two to three treatments that are spaced six to eight weeks apart to achieve desired results. For those who are plagued with deep wrinkles and more advanced skin blemishes, six to eight sessions may be needed.
Is the MicroPen procedure painful?
Many of our patients at Nowak Aesthetics report a feeling of being scraped with a light sandpaper across the skin. However, we make it a point to provide comfort to our patients by applying a numbing cream to the treated area to minimize any discomfort.
Why choose Nowak Aesthetics?
Nowak Aesthetics is the sole dermatology clinic in Chula Vista that offers MicroPen (Automated Micro-Needling) to patients who desire to restore the youthfulness in their face. We also offer PRP treatments to individuals who are in need of the procedure. Dr. Nowak’s clinic makes use of the Eclipse MicroPen, the most innovative medical-grade automated micro-needling machine available today.