Are you looking for a way to make your lips look fuller? In most cases, you have two options—you can either create an optical illusion, or you can actually get fuller lips. Both options have merit—keep reading to learn how to get fuller lips whether you’re looking for a short-term solution or a permanent change:
The Short-Term Solution
One easy way to get fuller looking lips is to create the illusion of fuller lips using makeup. If this is the option you’re interested in, follow these steps:
- Start by gently exfoliating your lips—dead skin will make your lips look thinner and older, and it will be harder to apply makeup.
- Next apply concealer or foundation to your lips—this makes it easier for makeup to stick and to stay.
- Use a lip liner that matches your lipstick and subtly overdraw your lips. Trace your lips just barely outside of your natural lip line.
- Apply lipstick as normal.
- Apply lip-gloss to the middle of your lips, but not the outside.
- Line your mouth carefully with concealer to make your lips stand out.
For best results, keep your lips hydrated and moist by using lip balm and drinking plenty of water. It also helps if you choose light colored lipsticks rather than very dark colors—try a light pink or nude colored lipstick.
Clearly this won’t give you permanently fuller lips, but it is a simple way to make your lips look larger for an evening.
The Long-Term Solution
If you’d like a long-term solution that gives you fuller lips, consider dermal fillers. These can be used to restore fullness or make your lips fuller. This is a particularly effective solution for women who want to combat the effects of aging, since lips lose their plumpness as people age.
Dermal fillers can give you fuller lips for a long time, and you won’t have to use any makeup tricks. You’ll need to make time for the treatment, but you’ll save time every day with a simpler makeup routine.
If this is an option that you’d be interested in, schedule an appointment at Nowak Aesthetics.