Start With A Good Routine
Your daily routine is one of the most important parts of protecting your skin.
In the morning:
- Start by washing your face with a gentle cleanser in the morning.
- Next apply moisturizer to your face and your neck.
- Let the moisturizer settle in while you eat breakfast or get dressed.
- Apply high quality makeup that gives your skin extra protection and a smooth appearance.
Before going to bed
- Always wash off your makeup completely.
- Apply a night cream with retinol to improve your skin tone and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Sleep on a clean pillowcase.
Make this skin care routine part of your daily habits. Other healthy habits such as regular exercise, drinking plenty of water, and sleeping for 7-8 hours each night will help your skin look its best.
For special skin issues, such as acne, you may need to tweak this routine. For example, if you are treating acne, you should never pop your zits, but you can apply cream benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to eliminate acne without scarring your skin. If you have other skin problems talk to your dermatologist to get the best advice about your daily skin care routine.
Prevent Sun Damage
Sun damage causes skin cancer, wrinkles, dry skin, sun spots, and more. Protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun is one of the best ways you can keep your skin looking young and beautiful.
- Always wear sunscreen when you go outside and re-apply it throughout the day.
- Wear a hat and sunglasses to protect your face and eyes.
- Don’t forget about your ears, neck, or nose, since they can burn easily.
- When possible, stay indoors or in the shade between 10 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon.
Nowak Aesthetics offers many skin care products that can cleanse, moisturize, and protect your skin. To learn more about products that can improve your skin, contact us today.