Stress can weaken your immune system, damage your skin, contribute to weight gain, interfere with sleep, and more. Too much stress can seriously impact your health and your appearance. Find out how you can prevent and reduce stress in your life in order to protect your health and your appearance.
Daily Habits That Prevent Stress
There are many things you can do every day to prevent stress and keep it at a manageable level. The following habits are a good place to start:
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes each day. Exercise helps you keep your energy up, maintain a healthy weight, and look your best. It also releases chemicals that make you feel happier and calmer.
- Go outside. Spending just a few minutes outside each day can help you calm down and clear your head. Try going on a short walk during your lunch break to ease stress during the workday.
- Find something each day that makes you laugh. Laughing is a great way to prevent and reduce stress. Call a funny friend, watch a short video on YouTube, or read something that makes you smile.
- Organize your schedule. Managing your time is one of the most important ways to avoid stress. Everyone likes to organize their schedule differently, but find something that works for you so that you don’t feel stressed out about meeting deadlines and keeping commitments.
Coping With Stress When It Comes
While daily habits can help you avoid stress, you can’t completely prevent it. When you do feel stressed, it is important to know how to get your stress levels back under control. The following strategies can help.
If you have less than 5 minutes:
- Stand up and stretch
- Breathe slowly and deeply for 30 seconds
- Listen to your favorite song
If you have 30 minutes:
- Go for a walk outside
- Call a friend or family member
Give yourself the whole day:
- Treat yourself to a day off to get personal things taken care of
- Go shopping with a friend
- Schedule a facial or a body wrap treatment so you can face the next day looking and feeling your best. Contact Nowak Aesthetics to learn about our facials and other relaxing cosmetic treatments.