Since we introduced them to our patients in San Diego several years back, injectable fillers have quickly become one of the go-to options for patients who would like to restore their facial volume to achieve a younger looking face without having to undergo massive surgery or shelling out their hard earned dollars. The development of wrinkles and creases in different areas of the face makes the patient look old and tired, but these visible signs of aging can easily be managed by the administration of injectable fillers that are able to augment the internal structure of the skin and provide additional support from underneath its layers to smooth out wrinkles and fill in hollow areas of the face.
The method employed for administering injectable fillers is very straight forward, as they only require to be injected directly into the indicated areas. But before all of this, patients will need to prepare themselves for the procedure to ensure that they achieve the desired results.
- It is always important to let your doctor know what you want and expect from the procedure. Discuss the outcomes that you envision from undergoing treatment and make sure to ask your doctor to explain it to you in detail so you know all the facts before making your final decision.
- An initial consultation where the doctors are given the chance to review your complete medical history and become acquainted with previous treatments that you underwent as well as any possible drug allergies will allow them to come up with me professional recommendation about the procedure.
- Make sure to let your doctor know about any medications, dietary supplements, and other substances that you are currently taking so he can advise you on whether to discontinue or pause your intake prior to the procedure.
- It will also be helpful if you let your doctor know if you have had any previous experience with injectable fillers or others and their procedures.
- Before administering injectable fillers, doctors make preparations of their own, and this usually involves a complete evaluation of the patient’s face to identify the areas that need augmentation the most. It is most likely that photographs are taken so they can be used as a point of reference when the procedure has been completed. These photographs will be kept in your personal medical record.
- Prior to the procedure, doctors must be able to discuss in detail their recommendations regarding the treatment including what, in their opinion, is the best course of action for carrying out the treatment. Possible outcomes must be outlined as well as any potential risks or complications.
To learn more about Injectable Fillers at Dr. Nowak’s cosmetic surgery practice in San Diego, contact us at (619) 420-1840 or fill out our contact form to schedule your private consultation today. We look forward to your visit!